Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: How To Post Pictures Using Photobucket.com

Post Thanks / Like

Default How To Post Pictures Using Photobucket.com

First, it’s up to you to get your pictures from your scanner or camera to wherever you’d like to have them. With so many different kinds and ways to do this, I could never cover all of them. You should have instructions with your camera or scanner if you need help.

You may have a thumbnail (a sized down view of the whole image) or a default icon representing the whole image, depending on your settings and where it’s saved at.

These are the two default images you should see, one or the other. The letters and numbers under the icon don’t matter yet.

After you’ve found the picture, let’s rename it so you know which one is what. Right click (left click if your mouse is setup for a left handed user) on the icon for the picture.

This should come up, you may have more or less stuff, but the only one we’re worried about right now is Rename.

Go to Rename, and left click it. This should make the writing underneath the picture so you can type in it. Delete the text by hitting backspace until it’s all gone, then type in a name for the file describing it so you know what it is.

Since the picture I’m using is a picture of the Carolina Panther’s football logo, I’m naming mine Panther’s Logo.

Once you type in the name you want, click on the thumbnail of the picture or the little icon above the text. If you mess up, go back and redo it.

Now you know what the picture is of without having to open it. These steps aren’t required, but it’d be good to do it until you get familiar with uploading pictures.

Now, let’s go to www.photobucket.com. Open a new Internet Explorer window or whatever you default web browser is, and in the address bar type in www.photobucket.com, then hit enter or click Go.

If you need to, register with them so you have an account.

Type in your username and your password then hit login, or if you need to register, hit the red button that says Register Now.

After you log in, you’ll see this in the middle of the page on the right.

This is why you need to know where you saved the picture at, the easiest thing to do would be to put it on your desktop, then hit Browse, then when the box comes up where it says Look In, click the arrow pointing down that looks like a v, and go to Desktop. Click the name of the picture that you renamed, then click open.

This will close the box, then click submit. This will upload your picture to photobucket.

It will refresh the page for you and your picture will be there, then click where it has the link to your uploaded picture.

After you click it, it will highlight it for you, then right click on it and press copy. If you don’t see it, go back to where I showed the picture of where Rename is earlier.

You’re almost done, now come back to crappie.com and log in if you need to, then in your reply or new topic, right click where you can type, and go to paste. Don’t mess with the code, though. Wherever it is in the reply or topic, that’s where it will be when you post. Type above it, below it, wherever, just not in between the brackets.

Resizing pictures with Photobucket

After you upload it via my directions above, press the button I have a line to shown below. Your picture will be different, but do what you see here.

The text is pretty explanatory on this part. Unless it's huge, don't resize by a lot; if you make it too small you'll have to reupload and resize the same way you did with a lesser percentage of resizing.

Hope this helps.

Note - This was made a while back, so the pictures of photobucket.com may be outdated.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Crappie Cowboy needs to read this. LOL
    Gary this will fix you up.
    But all that I do is open Photobucket and copy the Http link and then open the box above and clear out the HTTP in it. and then paste the link from Photo bucket into it.
    Pete

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks smoothlures......I think I got it!
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

No problem, hope it helped.

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for the info smoothlures. i havent tried it yet but will when i get a chance. id like to put more than one photo to a post sometimes without having to link to it on the post. when i get time ill add the instructions on how to do it using the forums method then stick it. that should help a lot of folks in their photo posting.
    listen with your eyes---its the only way to beleive what you hear...