Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Contribution #2... Inspired by B.R.M

Post Thanks / Like

Default Contribution #2... Inspired by B.R.M

As I have stated in my earlier posts, I love vertical jigging brush piles. There is nothing better than feeling that thump when your line wraps around a limb. You just know you could possibly tail-hook a biggun if/when that sucker comes loose. But that's just one way I like to go after em. Sometimes, I will pull out the ole casting rig, snap a bobber on, and pullout the trusty binocs. You see, this method requires me to be able to locate a good fisherman from anywhere on the lake, at any given time. I look for the tell-tale silver flash of a big ole slab coming out of the water and into the boat. Once I have located said pro fisherman, I then fire up my engine and run directly over to him, wide open, until I get to within 50 yrds. At this time, (this part can only be mastered with lots of practice,) I goose my throttle a few times, then kill the motor without looking at the kill switch. Sometimes, I look back at my motor and bang on it a few times, then pull out my rod and begin casting in the general direction of the pro, getting closer with each cast. My hope is that even if I dont catch a fish, I may get lucky and snag one from his livewell, OR maybe he will just feel sorry for me and give me a couple. Most of the time he just leaves, but not always. I realize that a lot of people have already mastered this technique, but I am still learning, so I thought I would share. I hope this helps someone. Remember, it's not easy being a LOSER!
    Last edited by Cmj; 05-15-2013 at 10:53 AM.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I love my Missouri Fish Finder!!!

EVERY "LOSER" needs one of these!!!!!
    We only sell the Best. Ranger, Xpress, Yamaha, Suzuki, Tohatsu.

Post Thanks / Like

I love casting into the willow trees. They give a little while you pull loose, just like fighting a fish. It's almost as good as hanging a 2lb REAL fish!!!!! Quite exhilarating.

Post Thanks / Like

This technique is particularly useful when said pro has taken the time to mark his bountiful crappie producing hole with a florescent marker buoy. Those brightly colored beacons of fishing goodness are easily seen from across the lake with the magnifying fish finder thingie-ma-jigger.

Once you have located the marker buoy you simply adjust the approach described so well by CMJ to make sure that the drift of the boat will place you between the pro and the buoy!

With any luck you accidentally snag one as you drift by...

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, when employing this technique, it helps if your bobber is as big as the marker buoy. The bigger the bobber the better!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Tony McCall View Post
    Oh yeah, when employing this technique, it helps if your bobber is as big as the marker buoy. The bigger the bobber the better!

I'm gonna try this at the tourney this weekend!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

There is also the flailing wildly technique. You flail your bladed jig in every direction because the piles in the immediate vicinity look so potentially crappie infested. Anglers in the area will be so distracted because they will ducking for cover afraid of the possible hook impalement. Besides, all will wonder what a fly fisherman is doing in a boat!
    "Another day on the water..."

Post Thanks / Like

Ill have my binocs with me for the caca tournament Chris. If we cant find them we'll get close enough to see what CP and Greg are doing!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Geagle81 View Post
    Ill have my binocs with me for the caca tournament Chris. If we cant find them we'll get close enough to see what CP and Greg are doing!
    My thoughts exactly!!!
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Ya'll are like RCC. Something just ain't right with you.
    THE Nimrod Kid

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast