Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Barometric pressure

Post Thanks / Like

Default Barometric pressure

Does anybody ever pay attention to this while planning a trip? I know most of us just go when we can but understanding the BP can help you more quickly find a pattern on any given day. Here is a link that will explain this a lot better than I can. http://www.quickoneplus.com/fish/art...age=barometric
    And you can get important weather info including the BP here.
    http://weather.noaa.gov/weather/AR_cc_us.html
    I'm sure most of you already know this but maybe it will help someone.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

BTW If you get bored reading about the technical stuff, scroll to the bottom and there is a chart that tells you how the pressure effects feeding habits.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

I've always hated to fish with East wind and H pressure that moves in like today for example. High blue bird skies right after a front, hate fishing those days. Not sure about crappie fishing but with bass fishing if you can catch a bright sunny day right before a strong front hits, like was case yesterday, minus the bright sunny weather would've been a good bite. The old timers who say fishing is least when outa the East really knew what they were talking about also. Now other factors come into play also, water levels and changes in river current really make a difference too. Living around lakes with poor crappie numbers the past year it's been hard to tell but in the past I've noticed poor fishing in H pressure situations.

Post Thanks / Like

That cool. I think it falling out when I go crappie fish and they all leave the place I'm fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gindog View Post
    That cool. I think it falling out when I go crappie fish and they all leave the place I'm fishing.
    LMAO I heard that Gin, my first year of Crappie fishing was pitiful. I think I caught 5 fish all year! Lol, It will come though. Just keep checking in here and try what you learn, eventually you will be tearing them up.
    ><}}}}*> (C.J.)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by constructskeeter View Post
    I've always hated to fish with East wind and H pressure that moves in like today for example. High blue bird skies right after a front, hate fishing those days. Not sure about crappie fishing but with bass fishing if you can catch a bright sunny day right before a strong front hits, like was case yesterday, minus the bright sunny weather would've been a good bite. The old timers who say fishing is least when outa the East really knew what they were talking about also. Now other factors come into play also, water levels and changes in river current really make a difference too. Living around lakes with poor crappie numbers the past year it's been hard to tell but in the past I've noticed poor fishing in H pressure situations.
    I jest that why some say not to fish on a east wind or the bite will be very lite or not at all on a east wind.

CJ I know my luck will change one of these days hanging out with you'll

Post Thanks / Like

Very nice cmj

Jigaholic Prostaff
    B an M PST
    Hi-Tek rod holders
    Xpress Crappie Edition
    Lowrance HDS 8 an 10

Post Thanks / Like

Used to make my own br.,old qt. Fruit jar and old soda bottle..
    But started fishing crooked rivers on a east wind days,some areas its blowing down river some areas its blowing up river or blowing into bank in other areas.,..got beleive in something on east wind days lol.

Post Thanks / Like

ok, here is my "Opinion" on the B-Pressure. Im a full time Multi-Species Guide here in DFW. I target everything that is catchable with a rod and reel, and this goes for almost all the fish I target. I seem to see the fish are more affected in 1-15ft of water by the air pressure getting wacky on you.

I like it 29.85-30.10

Slowly falling or rising .01 at a time or just holding, like:

If it falls .02 or more every hour, the fishing seems to be always get slower. If it's to high or even to low, they will shut down. Nothin you can do about it, but it will tell you a little reason to why ur not catching anything. If it's 30.40 and above, I will cancel your trip. Not worth the time to fish high pressure systems. The day after a cold front is always a blue bird crystal clear beautiful day, but 99% of the time the air pressure sky rockets and the fish get affected by it and will get lock jawed. I fish 2 days after a cold front to let things settle down a bit. I am on the Bass Pro Shop's Pro Staff, so I hang around the store a lot doing seminars and stuff. So I get to see the fish first hand in the show tanks as systems roll through here and there. I have noticed the Crappie will lean on structure when the air pressure is super high, 30.40 and up. When the pressure comes down, they spead out a bit and hover again. So im my opinion, it seems to mess with thier swim bladders in a way that makes them uncomfortable.As the bite shuts down, look at what the air pressure has been doing. I bet im right! -But again, all my opinion.

Tight lines.
    Fishing Guide Carey Thorn

Post Thanks / Like

Good information right here....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast